The POTF SHOOTING RANGE
The POTF SHOOTING RANGE is our answer to what a shooting range should be! It is what we have dubbed a Discrete Shooting Range! Where a serious hunter/shooter can come and peaceably work with his or her firearm to attain the greatest accuracy or proficiency.
We book only 1 person, or group of 2 on the Firing Range at any one time. Groups of 3 or 4 are fine, but only 2 people beyond the firing line (a shooter & a spotter or instructor “No Guns Banging next to you throwing off your shot – No Static atmosphere restricting or infringing how or when you want to fire or check your targets… “Our Goal is to have this as close to having your own private shooting range as possible”
Bring your own equipment or rent ours for a modest fee – shooting bags, lead sled, spotting scopes, chronograph or a UTV to check down range targets…
The Range is available by appointment only (same day appointments are common)
POTF SHOOTING RANGE FEATURES UP TO 700 YARD RIFLE SHOOTING
(Prerequisites apply to shoot on 700 yard range – previous long range documented experience or demonstrated MOA proficiency on the 400 yard Range)
Per Shooter Pricing
• Basic Use of Range – $10 an hr. per person Minimum of 3 hours Donation
Also includes access to our Shooting & Reloading Hut!
• Rentals are per session– spotting scope $5 –Range finder $5– Bench Rest Bags $5 – Lead Sled $10 – ATV $15, Chronograph $10
The 4 Rules, apply ALL THE TIME.
Always remember, safety is a state of mind and not a device!
• All firearms are loaded. - There are no exceptions. Don't pretend that this is true. Know that it is and handle all firearms accordingly. Do not believe it when someone says: "It isn't loaded."
• Never let the muzzle of a firearm point at anything you are not willing to destroy. - If you are not willing to see a bullet hole in it do not allow a firearm's muzzle to point at it. This includes things like your foot, the TV, the refrigerator, the dog, or anything else that would cause general upset if a hole appeared in it.
• Keep your finger off the trigger unless your sights are on the target.- Danger abounds if you keep your finger on the trigger when you are not about to shoot. Speed is not gained by prematurely placing your finger on the trigger as bringing a firearm to bear on a target takes more time than it takes to move your finger to the trigger. Negligent discharges would be eliminated if this rule were followed 100% of the time.
• Be sure of your target and what is behind it. - Never shoot at sounds or a target you cannot positively identify. Know what is in line with the target and what is behind it (bullets are designed to go through things). Be aware of your surroundings whether on a range, in the woods, or in a potentially lethal conflict.
Liability Waver Must Be Sighed & Dated before Entering Range Area
Our Additional Rules are for everyone’s safety and listed, but not limited too. All personal actions can and will be monitored and mediated at the discretion of our Staff / Range Supervisor or Instructor …
Only 2 people in firing range at a time. Shooter /Spotter or Instructor (Fenced Area)
Only one firearm and one shooter at a time in firing area. (Fenced area)
Ear & Eye Protection Mandatory at all times!
All shooters must personaly sign in Range Log Book with date, time & caliber of weapon/s. Shooters Accept Full Responsibility & Liability of every round fired!
All uncased firearms chambers must be open at all times, bolts open, actions open, slides locked open or cylinders open & flaged!
During log range rifle shooting 1 shot chambering of load, and only when firearm is in rest position, horizontal with muzzle facing down range & level
When checking down range targets – weapons must be removed from Rest / Bench and placed in a vertical position or Flaged - NO EXCEPTIONS
Absolutely no semi-auto or rapid fire unless accompanied by an instructor or range supervisor.
Any One under the age of 18 must be accompanied by legal parent or guardian and waver of liability & responsibility signed by Legal Guardian! All NYS Laws pertaining to firearms must be adhered too. It’s your responsibility to know them!
WE ARE A ZERO TOLERANCE FACILITY THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN ACCIDENTAL DISCHARGE ! IT WOULD BE A NEGLIGENT DISCHARGE - AND CAUSE FOR IMEDIATE EXPULSION FROM RANGE FOREVER!
"SAFETY FIRST ALL THE TIME"
Copyright 2014 - Pheasants On The Flats - All Rights Reserved
Problems with this site Contact Webmaster@PheasantsOnTheFlats.com
Created July 29th 2010